Classical homeopathy is based first on the Law of Similars, ‘like cures like’. Homeopathic medicines (remedies) are prepared by specialist pharmacies using a careful process of dilution and succussion (a specific form of vigorous shaking). Any plant, mineral or animal substance can be used to make a remedy. The original substance is diluted in liquid repeatedly, and vigorously shaken with each dilution. This process is called ‘potentization’ and it explains the power and efficacy of homeopathic remedies.
In Classical homeopathy, we believe in the ‘minimal dose’, that is, to use the lowest dose and fewest number of dose repetitions that are needed in each particular case.
Homeopaths believe in what Constantine Hering called the “Law of Cure”, which means we heal from the inside out, from top to bottom, with the most important issues curing first. We understand that chronic illness occurs in the opposite manner, that is less important issues growing into more important issues.
Homeopathy is truly holistic medicine; we consider and treat the whole person, never just one problem or condition. We treat the ‘Totality’ of the person as a unique individual, which is why homeopathy cures deeply and profoundly.
The list of principles:
- The Law of Similars– like cures like
- Potentization– dilution and succussion
- Minimal Dose
- Totality(treating the whole person- holistic)
- Law of Cureas described by Hering and based on Hahnemann’s work; healing takes place from the inside out, from top to bottom and in the reverse order of getting sick)
- Individuality– every patient is unique